Bridge Darebin (Preston Neighbourhood House Inc.) is an innovative, not-for-profit community organisation based in Preston and Thornbury. Established in 1982, we’re a registered charity and public benevolent institution (PBI), a certified social enterprise and a Learn Local organisation.
Our purpose: to strengthen our community.
What does a stronger community look like?
- Socially connected
- Purposefully engaged
Our mission: to provide social and educational services to empower those who need it most.
Our work actively addresses some key challenges in the Darebin community, including training and employment pathways, positive ageing and social inclusion.
- Community first
We offer a wide range of services across multiple sites, including:
- Adult education
We provide courses and educational programs from art to yoga and everything in between (click here to view our latest course guide).
- Child care
We’ve been providing outstanding occasional child care in Thornbury for over 20 years, led by passionate, supportive, experienced educators.
- Community programs
We facilitate community engagement through programs such as Laneway Lunches, a two-course meal served to 40-60 people each Friday.
- Venue hire
We have numerous spaces available for hire across four different sites, for meetings, private functions, ongoing business hire and workshops.
- Moon Rabbit cafés
Our award-winning social-enterprise café and mobile café are also a training facility for students in our TTT program, who gain customer service, food prep and coffee-making skills.
- Heart of Thornbury
In addition to hosting the much-loved Makers Market, you can also visit HOT Shop ONLINE, which is open 24/7 so you can find your favourite stallholders all year-round. HOT also regularly brings classes, workshops, social gatherings, collaborations and more to our neighbourhood; connect with your creative self and nearby like-minds.
Bridge Darebin is proudly supported by the following:
- AGS World Transport
- Australian Government – National Indigenous Australian Agency & Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resource
- Australian Neighbourhood House & Centres Association
- Barr Family Foundation
- Breen Family Fund
- Bunnings Northland & Fairfield
- Carer’s Vic
- City of Darebin
- Good Things Foundation
- Inner North Community Foundation
- McGrath Northcote
- Mitre 10
- Northcote Bakeshop
- Office of Ged Kearney MP
- Office of Kat Theophanous
- Paul Ramsay Foundation
- Preston Connected Community
- Quest Preston
- State Trustees
- Sustainability Victoria
- The Funding Network
- The Social Impact Hub
- Victorian Government Departments: Premier and Cabinet; Education & Training; Health & Human Services; Families, Fairness & Housing; Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Learn more about our impact.
- Find out how you can get involved.
- View our latest annual reports: 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016
- Follow us on social media.
- Subscribe to our mailing list for news.