Bridge Darebin has been strengthening the Darebin community since 1982, when we began as Preston Neighbourhood House. We’ve come a long way and experienced significant growth since then.
Our services now include adult education, child care, community programs, food services, markets and venue hire in Preston and Thornbury.
Read our 2021 annual report for details.
Awards & honours
We’re extremely proud to have been recognised for our efforts and impact in community development, education, environmental sustainability and business excellence.
- SHORTLISTED: Learn Local Awards – Micro Business for Makers Course
- FINALIST: Sustainable Cities Awards – Community Category – Heart of Thornbury
- COMMENDED: Sustainable Cities Awards – Waste Category – Moon Rabbit cafe and Bulk Foods
- WINNER: Sustainable Cities Award – Waste Category, 2020 Keep Victoria Beautiful Awards (for Moon Rabbit)
- WINNER: 2020 Fuse Darebin Citizen of the Year Award – joint winner Chris Lombardo CEO
- COMMENDED: 2020 Fuse Darebin Community Awards – Sustainability Category (for Moon Rabbit)
- NOMINEE: 2020 Fuse Darebin Lifetime Achievement Award – Chris Lombardo CEO
- NOMINEE: 2020 Northern Business Achievement Awards, nominated by the City of Darebin (for Moon Rabbit)
- WINNER: Creating Local Solutions Award, 2019 Victorian Learn Local Awards (for our TTT program)
- WINNER: Sustainability Award, 2019 Darebin Community Awards (for Moon Rabbit)
- WINNER: Partnership Award, 2019 North East Neighbourhood House Network Awards (for Friends of Baucau)
- WINNER: Young Business Achiever of the Year, Northern Business Achievement Awards (for Jack Lombardo)
- FINALIST: Awesome Volunteer Program, 2019 North East Neighbourhood House Network Awards
- FINALIST: Partnership Award, 2018 North East Neighbourhood House Network Awards (for the Mayer Park Open Air Cinema & Twilight Market)
- WINNER: Learner of the Year, 2017 North East Neighbourhood House Network Awards (for Bridge Darebin student Carol White)